Saturday 31 July 2010

Coming up in JJ September

Philip Larkin
British drummers
Dave Brubeck
Bill Mays
...and more





In August JJ: Tommy Smith, Brit drums pt 1, Brubeck pt 2, Edmond Hall, Lester Koenig and letters like this...

TEMPTED BY TONY
My initial interest in jazz happened on hearing a record on the radio by the Tony Kinsey trio. The tune was called Starboard Bow. The programme was on the BBC Light Programme and this was at lunchtime and in the mid 50s. To my knowledge I have never heard the record since and I am now wondering what it was about it that started me off as a jazz buff. Can anyone help?
Neville Barstow, Manchester

...which elicited eight replies but no attempt to divine why Mr Barstow fell victim to Kinsey's charms at lunchtime in the mid-50s. Do we have no Freudians among our readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment